Saturday, March 7, 2009

First post about Tom. And it's quite the post.

Kay, so yesterday the love of my life gave me a pretty big scare. Tom got into an accident on Sheepboro Road, and all of us, besides the cops who are friends with him, feel the other driver involved was intoxicated. He smelt of it, and his words and actions point towards it also. Tom called the house, and Ashley and I got to him in about a minute and a half. 20ft from where Ashley had her accident, and flipped her car. Tom had crawled out of his car by the time we got there, because the fumes from his engine and the air bags were making it hard for him to breathe. He was lying in a snow bank, barely conscious. Ashley and I ran to him, and I eased in behind him to shield him from the snow. I tried to keep him awake, but he was slipping in and out of consciousness. We were there for quite a while before the cops and ambulance got there. I went with him in the ambulance. It was my first time being in one. I tried to joke with him, telling him "Who knew Riley of all people would be your night in shining armor!" That made him smile and laugh at least. It also made Riley blush, which made me laugh too. They finally determined at the hospital that he has a second degree burn from the air bag, and a sprained wrist. Today he woke up with back and stomach pains, but as we all know Tom, he's decided to go to work tonight and do a freaking ten hour shift in pain. *Insert eye-roll here* Anyway, he's fine, and his car is totaled because the air bags went off. Luckily, he's smart enough to wear a safety belt, otherwise it was determined he would have went through his windshield and into the other driver's grill. Lovely.
Oh yeah, and if you'd like to attend his pity party, it's already begun, but feel free to adorn him with "OMG's, Are you okay?s, and Awwws" They will be greatly appreciated by his ego. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment